Mac OS X and jpeg support....

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu May 13 18:00:04 EDT 2004

Jerry wrote:

> I tried installing via the package manage the PIL package and trying
> to do anything with jpegs fails....I noticed that I did not have libjpeg
> installed.  I got the jpg-6b package and created libjpeg.dylib in /usr/local/lib.
>
> I tore out the PIL stuff from /Library and reinstalled the PIL package via
> the package manager....I still get failures when trying to display a jpeg
> file ( format not recognized...)

> How can I get jpeg support going?

There is another Package Manger Repository put together by Bob Ippolito,
and I think it includes a PIL with jpeg support built in. Check out the
archives of the Python-Mac mailing list. You should be abel to find it
at www.python.org. If you don't find what you need in the archives, join
the mailing list and post a question there.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov