module for working with the result set

Paul McNett p at ulmcnett.com
Mon May 17 21:20:42 EDT 2004

john fabiani writes:

> following your thoughts on the keys and my mistake - can you
> tell me how to get into a dict format?

For MySQL, there is the DictCursor class. Here's an example,
and you should even be able to use it as-is as I've opened up
public access to my MySQL database:

>>> import MySQLdb.cursors
>>> conn = MySQLdb.connect(host='melder.paulmcnett.com', user='dabo', passwd='dabo', db='dabotest')
>>> dictCursor = conn.cursor(cursorclass=MySQLdb.cursors.DictCursor)
>>> print dictCursor.execute('select * from recipes where mingred like "%coriander%"')
14
>>> recordSet = dictCursor.fetchall()
>>> for record in recordSet:
...     print record['iid'], record['ctitle']
184 Cucumber Salad
186 Garlic Shrimps
193 Chinese Salad with Crispy Won Tons
299 Chicken Curry