problem running wxPython demo.py

Hornberger, Chris Chris.Hornberger at blackrock.com
Wed May 12 16:30:12 EDT 2004

And that, my friends, is why *nix is a long way from displacing Windows on the desktop.

This is a bit of a sore spot with me. When it comes to the OS, we programmers are no different than clerks, autocad users, kids doing homework, etc.... we're USERS. Just because we know HOW to build software, and in many cases, modify *nix and rebuild systems as necessary, doesn't mean we should have to.

On windows, you pop in the CD, load the system, pop in the dev environment and load it up and get to work.

Don't get me wrong, I like *nix, but bu11$hit dependency errors it's prone to are really irking me.

That NTFS partition hasn't seen the light of day in quite some time, but believe me, I'm glad it's still there if I need it.

Chris Hornberger
Blackrock - 302.797.2318
chris.hornberger at blackrock.com

Card carrying MSDN member since 2004.
No, really. I've got the card to prove it.