HTTP 1.1 pipelining

Ivan Voras ivoras at __geri.cc.fer.hr
Mon May 17 15:15:24 EDT 2004

noviceUser wrote:
> can some one guide me how to use HTTP 1.1 pipelining in Python.
>
> Client will generate 3 get requests continuously as shown below and
> then read the response for each GET request.
>
> Algorithm
> ----------
> GET(ur1_l)
> GET(url_2)
> GET(url_3)
> readResponse(url_1)
> readResponse(url_2)
> readResponse(url_3)

I don't think this is how HTTP/1.1 pipelining works. It is still a
request-response protocol - the only "pipelining" is in the fact that it
doesn't require a separate connection session for each request-response
pair. That is:

HTTP/1.0:
	<establish connection>
	GET(url_1)
	readResponse(url_1)
	<close connection>
	<establish connection>
	GET(url_2)
	readResponse(url_2)
	<close connection>
	<establish connection>
	GET(url_3)
	readResponse(url_3)
	<close connection>

HTTP/1.1:
	<establish connection>
	GET(url_1)
	readResponse(url_1)
	GET(url_2)
	readResponse(url_2)
	GET(url_3)
	readResponse(url_3)
	<close connection>

Or maybe you are thinking of establishing parallel connections? In that
case look for some examples using threads and sockets...

--
C isn't that hard: void (*(*f[])())() defines f as an array of
unspecified size, of pointers to functions that return pointers to