How do I create a dynamic wrapper for another language?

Jeff Epler jepler at unpythonic.net
Fri May 21 07:59:10 EDT 2004

Yes, probably.

Consider the case of tcl.  We already have Tkinter and _tkinter, which
take the approach of a hand-written wrapper for the desired commands,
but provide the "call" method of tkapp objects.

You'd write something like "call", which does the appropriate thing,
possibly checking for valid arguments in advance, translating return
codes into Python values and exceptions.

I know this is very hand-wavy, but so was your original question.

Jeff