drag drop from linux to a wxpython application

marco manatlan at online.fr
Wed May 19 06:45:58 EDT 2004

I've got a wxpython application
and when i drag'n' drop files from(linux) rox/nautilus/konqueror to my app
i've got strange chars in filenames (on win32 : it works well)

example:
- my dir "my photos" will become "/home/marc/my%20photos"
- a dir "fêtes à strass" will become (something like this)
"/home/marc/f%A8%CFtes%20%8F%AC%20strass"

it seems the filenames are "escaped" ... is there a way to got the good
filenames ? (i means it doesn't come from python, but perhaps it's an
encoding problems ?! i'd like to use a function like "unescape()" in
javascript, to clean them)