Tkinter and XML-RPC

Etienne Posthumus ep at epoz.org
Mon May 3 05:29:48 EDT 2004

On Apr 29, 2004, at 7:30 AM, Roger Binns wrote:
> I actually ended up using Paramiko, a Python implementation of
> SSH.

Hi Roger

That is a good tip, very interesting. Do you mind explaining what you
did further?
Does your server process listen on localhost, and the client then
connects via SSH to the host on which your server process is running? I
was wondering how I would do it, this was one guess.

Nie to know about Paramiko, it looks a little more lightweight than the
SSH that comes with Twisted, if one does not want to go the whole
Twisted route. Curious how much it could be sped up by using OpenSSL
for the crypto operation in stead of PyCrypto.

Etienne Posthumus
Amsterdam, Netherlands
---
Python, Zope and Quixote consulting