Where do I find what colors and fonts are available?

Hornberger, Chris Chris.Hornberger at blackrock.com
Fri May 14 13:20:19 EDT 2004

>> and font names are available on my system.  I'm using Windows 2000.
>I'd search for *.ttf (a particular kind of font file), and look at the
>directories where several of these show up.  This is, of course, a Win2K
>rather than Python Question.  On my installation, the fonts are in
>C:\WINNT\Fonts.

*nods* You mentioned that's a platform issue and not a Python issue. That's key, depending on what he's looking to do.

If he's looking for platform independence (and who wouldn't be in Python?), whatever GUI manager he's using will probably have the necessary functions/libraries for enumerating the fonts that *it* knows how to deal with, which would be the more accurate way to find fonts... speaking, again, platform-independently.