Prothon gets Major Facelift in Vers 0.1.0 [Prothon]

Mark Hahn mark at prothon.org
Sun May 23 15:15:17 EDT 2004

"simo" <simoninusa2001 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote

> One thing that might attract me from Python to Prothon is if it had
> proper private medthods - i.e. not just name mangling like __myDef
> which can be overridden using _myClass__myDef (as the interpreter
> does).

Interesting question.  We don't have classes, so I'm not sure what we would
be encapsulating and where we would encapsulate it.

I developed Prothon so there would be a language without all this complexity
and things to argue over.  I guess people don't want simplicity after all.
Without complexity there would be nothing to argue about on mailing lists
:-)

If you want to see what I mean by simplicity, check this out:

http://prothon.org/tutorial/tutorial8.htm#pbp