MSIE6 Python Question

calfdog at yahoo.com calfdog at yahoo.com
Tue May 25 08:22:15 EDT 2004

r.gable at mchsi.com (Ralph A. Gable) wrote in message news:<22b7fd40.0405231744.50d125f1 at posting.google.com>...
> I'm a newbie at this but I need to control MSIE6 using Python. I have
> read the O'Reilly win32 python books and got some hints. But I need to
> Navigate to a site (which I know how to do) and then I need to get at
> the source code for that site inside Python (as when one used the
> View|Source drop down window). Can anyone point me to some URLs that
> would help out? Or just tell me how to do it? I would be very
> grateful.

Ralph,

Check out P.A.M.I.E. (Python Automation Module for Internet Explorer)
It's a class file that allows you to control IE. (automation)

You can Automate things like:
* Click and Image, Button or Link
* Entering text into fields on a form
* Select a List item
* Navigate to a site
etc....

The source is up on souceforge.net  follow the links from
http://pamie.sourceforge.net.

If you check out the Class file CPamie it should help you get going!
it comes with a test file an small tutorial. Best of all it's it works
and it's free!

Later
RLM