Specify start and length, beside start and end, in slices

Noam Raphael noamr at correctme.users.sourcephorge.net
Wed May 26 17:30:13 EDT 2004

Terry Reedy wrote:
> "Noam Raphael" <noamr at correctme.users.sourcephorge.net> wrote in message
> news:c8o9vo$las$1 at news.iucc.ac.il...
>
>>contradicts your assumption that only 50 other people would like it. I
>>don't see what brings you to think that you represent 99.99 percent of
>>Python users.
>

> Projecting thoughts into my brain that I never had is stupid.  I really
> don't like that.

When you assume that only 50 people would like my suggestion, you assume
that all the other 99.99 percent of Python users wouldn't like it, just
because you don't. If I am wrong - correct me.

>>Perhaps *you* could have been a  bit more open to hear them...
>

> Making false ad hominen comments is stupid.  I don't like that either.
>
> I an disappointed.  Sorry I took your request for comments *on the
> proposal* seriously.
>
> Terry J. Reedy

As you may have noticed, I did take your comments seriously, and
referred to every one of them.
I'm sorry if my remark offended you. I will try to be more polite in my
future posts. However, I did sense a tone of impatience in your reply,
and I think you should try to eliminate it in your future posts.

Best wishes,
Noam Raphael