smtplib data error

yazzoo yazzoo at null.net
Mon May 24 23:32:15 EDT 2004

Gerardo Herzig -Departamento de Proyectos Especiales e Internet-
Facultad de Medicina wrote:

> If the drugs i got are still working, `550' error code stands "No soup for
> you!!" (Relaying Denied). Maybe the IP in your web server is not into the
> sendmail's access configuration file.
>
> Gerardo
>

>>Does anyone know what causes an SMTPLIB DataError?
>>
>>The only thing I can find in the manual is
>>exception SMTPDataError
>>     The SMTP server refused to accept the message data.
>>
>>My problem is a previously functioning script suddenly failed last week.
>>  My ISP thinks it maybe something to do with upgrading CPanel on their
>>server -- maybe a library was missed, but when I try and execute a
>>script I get...
>>
>>Traceback (most recent call last): File "test-py.cgi", line 790, in ?
>>sendemail(EmailFrom, EmailTo, emsg) File "test-py.cgi", line 20, in
>>sendemail failed = server.sendmail(EmailFrom, EmailTo, emsg) File
>>"/usr/lib/python2.2/smtplib.py", line 685, in sendmail raise
>>SMTPDataError(code, resp) smtplib.SMTPDataError: (550, 'Administrative
>>prohibition')
>>
>>Thanks for any suggestions.
>>
>>Lester.

Thanks,  it turns out that the ISP upgraded their smtp server software
which breaks smtplib, I guess.  They suggest I use sendmail.  The
traceback above though seems to suggest that smtplib uses sendmail, so I
don't know whether this will resolve or not

Thanks again for your suggestions
Lester