Python and Windows.Forms

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sun May 16 09:52:11 EDT 2004

Tim Roberts wrote:

> Shane <s.brennan at cox.net> wrote:
>
>>Sorry Tim, I first learned programming with C# so when I said
>>Windows.Forms I meant any generic Windows form, and especially common
>>dialogs. My mistake! I'm glad I made though since Marijan Tadin pointed
>>out that python .NET link that I wasn't aware of (see his reply). Thanks
>>again...
>
> Interesting that this newsgroup is able to answer not only the question you
> ASKED, but the question you MEANT to ask...

It's the time machine again.  Marijan noticed in 2006 that Shane
had founded a very successful startup company based on using Python
to provide continuing support for legacy technologies that had been
abandoned by the original vendor.  Their "Safe-T-Net for .NET" (tm)
product alone was generating millions in annual revenue.

Using the third-generation Google "I Feel Really Lucky" link,
Marijan discovered Shane's original question and gave him the
answer to the question he should have asked in the first place.
This will have had been going to have resulted in a huge increase
in the share price for Marijan's stock portfolio, allowing him
to retire in comfort to the Cayman's at the age of twenty-two...

-Peter