creating .exe file

Larry Bates lbates at swamisoft.com
Wed May 26 13:27:31 EDT 2004

As others have stated, py2exe creates a .EXE
file consisting of all of your code.  External
.pyd files (including python itself) are left
as external files.  I use InnoSetup to create
a single "installation" .EXE file for distribution
but it installs all the files necessary for program
execution separately.  Doesn't seem to be a problem
to me as almost all programs require that you
have additional files beyond the .EXE file itself.

You can use getopt to pick up any command line
arguments but syntax would be:

pythonprogram.exe -c d:/temp -f c:/hi.text

or

pythonprogram.exe --classpath d:/temp --file c:/hi.text

(actually you can support both in a single program)

And yes all of this is FREE!!!!

HTH,
Larry Bates
Syscon, Inc.