NIC adress of incoming socket.

RosalieM NOSPAM at easyconnect.fr
Mon May 17 05:57:10 EDT 2004

"Peter Hansen" <peter at engcorp.com> a écrit dans le message de
news:CpSdnTXrVp3AljvdRVn-sw at powergate.ca...
> RosalieM wrote:
>
> >  I saw in dhcpd config for bootp that you give the adress of the nic.
How
> > can i be sure that in my lan it is the right computer (my dhcp server)
that
> > answers to my client and not another compromised machine ? Can i ask
python
> > some information from ethernet level in an ip connection?
>
> Basically, no.  Use external utilities to solve whatever the
> problem is.  I'd suggest that if you might have compromised
> machines on your own LAN which are answering in place of your
> real DHCP server, you have rather big problems to solve, and
> you'd be best involving a network administrator with a good
> understanding of security issues.
>
> -Peter

I saw that this could be a security issue. So i would like to prevent it.
And i would like to be able to do what dhcpd and tftp are able to do, to say
check the nic before sending files. But I wanted to write this program in
python as i found in google a dhcpd program writen in python.

You mean that python cant do it ? I read that python can do everything
possible.