Class update detection

Axium Computer Services axium at axiumcomputerservices.com
Mon May 10 15:48:24 EDT 2004

I have a relational database that has several tables each more or less
translating to a python class and the fields of each table translating
into attributes of the python class.  I have no problem creating an
instance of the class, running a query and filling the attributes.  Then
this information will be accessible from a UI.  The problem I am running
into is when the user is done working in the UI I need to determine if
any of the class attributes have been changed to I can issue an update
query to the database with the changes.  Is there a generally accepted
method to do this?   Is there some way to create a checksum of the class
attributes?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Steven Potter