Python Documentation Blows!

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Tue Mar 30 19:32:21 EST 2004

>I have not yet contributed anything to the python documentation myself.

One thing I like about PHP's docs is that it allows users to post
comments, suggestions, extra information, etc to the docs online. Now
and then someone goes through and edits the useful bits into the
official documentation and flushes the comments all back out leaving
them clear for new people to post their own. Several times I've attached
comments as to how to compile a module or use some poorly documented
feature and have had lots of people write to thank me for how helpful
those comments were. I'd imagine the same process could be useful in Python.