OFF-TOPIC:: Why Lisp is not my favorite programming language

Ng Pheng Siong ngps at netmemetic.com
Mon Mar 22 21:56:56 EST 2004

According to Minti <mintiSPAMBLOCK at yahoo.com>:
> However when some one says that the code might be 31.?
> times slower as compared to C, kinda of scares me. Could assert such
> figures. I know speed is not the one and only goal but just wondering
> if these figures are correct.

Recently, some troll challenged c.l.lisp:

"The best known non-stupid (real problem, any algorithm) benchmark is
probably the Coyote Gulch test. There are many languages that it has been
translated into. If you can produce (write or find) and post a Lisp version
that is within 10% of C performance, I will admit that #1 is incorrect."

  http://home.comcast.net/~bc19191/blog/040308.html

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps at netmemetic.com>

http://firewall.rulemaker.net -+- Firewall Change Management & Version Control