asyncore deficiencies

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at uci.edu
Tue Mar 30 15:54:23 EST 2004

> My personal appreciation: asyncore is the most perfect combination of
> hard work and incompetence i have ever seen in my life. It is so
> anti-pythonic that it should get out of the standard distribution.
>
> Just a personal opinion ...

Funny thing is that asyncore (aka medusa) is one of the highest
performing asyncronous socket libraries for Python that is available.
It also compares nicely (performance-wise) with most anything you could
find in non-interpreted languages.

Honestly, I don't know what your issue is.  It is event based, and in
the realm of event driven frameworks, is reasonable.

So what is your problem?

  - Josiah