Video module?

Gerrit gerrit at nl.linux.org
Thu Mar 11 16:14:40 EST 2004

Mickel Grönroos wrote:
> Is anybody aware of some good Python module for playing video (mpeg-2,
> mov, avi or similar)? I looked at pygame.movie, but it does not seem
> stable enough for my purposes. I have also tried using Windows Media
> Player with COM, but that is cumbersome. The module must work on Windows
> (and preferably on Linux as well). Basically, what I need to be able to
> do is play a selected interval of the movie and if possible also rip
> the sound track from the movie file as a WAV file.
>
> Any ideas anybody?

The Pygame library, based on SDL (crossplatform), has got a Movie
module:

http://www.pygame.org/docs/ref/pygame_movie.html
http://www.pygame.org/docs/ref/Movie.html

it's not very sophisticated, but is able to .play(), .rewind(), .skip(),
etc.

Gerrit.

--
Weather in Twenthe, Netherlands 11/03 20:25 UTC:
	2.0°C   wind 2.7 m/s E (57 m above NAP)