Python scripting for GNumeric

NWirth nwirth at myrealbox.com
Tue Mar 9 12:22:20 EST 2004

I recommended two of my friends currently using Excel and VBA Gnumeric
as a replacement. It seems they are using a lot of VBA in conjunction
with Excel.

It might be possible to have them "cross the lines" and have them
using Gnumeric if they would have a powerfull scripting language they
could use along with Gnumeric to replace Excel and VBA.

Since I am not experienced neither with Gnumeric nor with Pythion, I
am posting my question here:

How mature is the above mentioned combination (Gnumeric & Python)
compared with Excel and VBA? Is it possible to run Gnumeric using
Python extensions on Windows?

Thank you for your time and effort replying to this post.

NWirth