drowning newbie

Michael Geary Mike at DeleteThis.Geary.com
Sat Mar 13 00:24:37 EST 2004

elizabeth fletcher wrote:
> Actually, I have the .pyd file (which I understand is basically a dll
file)
> and placed it in the DLL directory in the PYTHON23 directory.  In the
> interactive window I type "import calldll" and I get an error
(ImportError:
> DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found)    I shoudn't if
> the dll is installed correctly.....right?

>From what I see on his site, Sam hasn't updated calldll.pyd in quite some
time. The version available for download is linked against Python 2.1 and
won't work with Python 2.3.

There's a great free tool for Windows called Dependency Walker that will
inspect any EXE or DLL file and show you all of the other DLLs that file
depends on. Running Dependency Walker on calldll.pyd showed a dependency on
PYTHON21.DLL.

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

So back to the original problem, which you didn't mention: What is it you
are trying to do? There may be other, more up to date approaches you could
look at.

-Mike