pdb help...

Equis Uno ir4u4 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 03:56:03 EST 2004

Hi,

I read the documentation on pdb and comprehended about 20% of it.
Also I poked at google and found no answer to a question which
must have been asked/answered a few times.

Suppose I have a module named

IamModule.py

How do I set a breakpoint at line 1 and step through the lines
of code?

I'm sorry for such a silly question but I've been dumbed down by
a Java IDE named IntelliJ.

There it is easy, I click to the left of an arbitrary line to set
my breakpoint and then I click on a greenBug to run code
up to the breakpoint.  Once it is stopped at the breakpoint I can
inspect various things.
Enough about Java.

Back to Python...
If I can just figure out how to set a breakpoint; I'll be set.

I know I'm supposed to use the breakpoint command.

I think maybe I'm loading my module wrong or something.

thanks,

-moi