NT Services and EventLog problems

Larry Bates lbates at swamisoft.com
Tue Mar 2 11:10:43 EST 2004

I made the change, but get the exact same error message.

I went back and checked the book again and it reads
(on page 359):

"The files PythonService.exe, win32evtlog.pyd, and
win32service.pyd each have a set of generic messages.
Each file has nine messages for each of the classes
Error, Informational, Warning, and Success."

I tried all three of these AND servicemanager.pyd
and I can't make any of them work.

Mark Hammond, are you out there anywhere?

Regards,
Larry

"Pieter Claerhout" <Pieter.Claerhout at Creo.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.14.1078214898.12614.python-list at python.org...
> Hi Larry,
>
> try the following:
>
> win32evtlogutil.AddSourceToRegistry('AFR',
>     'C:\Python22\Lib\site-Packages\win32\servicemanager.pyd',
>     'Application')
>
> The PythonService.exe doesn't contain the messages, but servicemanager.pyd
> does.
>
> cheers,
>

> pieter
>
> Creo
> pieter claerhout | product support prinergy | tel: +32 2 352 2511 |
> pieter.claerhout at creo.com | www.creo.com
>
> IMAGINE CREATE BELIEVE(tm)

Behalf