Orders of magnitude

Christopher A. Craig list-python at ccraig.org
Tue Mar 30 12:44:10 EST 2004

Josiah Carlson <jcarlson at uci.edu> writes:

> According to the stored headers, the message IDs are not valid for any
> of the messages in the thread.  You should check the thread on google
> groups to notice how everyone else sees the 'threads'.  The only reason
> Google, or even other clients place them in the same group, is because
> the messages all have proper subjects.

Because you're seeing the nntp IDs added when it went through the
mail to news gateway.  Similarly, your posts don't show up as correct
replies to Christian or me because we see the smtp IDs added when it
went through the news to mail gateway.

--
Christopher A. Craig <list-python at ccraig.org>
"When all else fails, manipulate the data."