Python & the job market

Eric @ Zomething eric at zomething.com
Sat Mar 13 21:29:04 EST 2004

> I have experience about 4 years of Java experience (designed and developed
> numerous projects as a consultant in the past), 10+ years of Oracle
> experience, about 5 years of Perl experience so programming is not a problem
> . I guess my main point that I should have touch upon was learning Python
> and influencing management to go the Python route in a company where Java is
> the standard.

Question: in terms of these kind of objectives, how important are a world class IDE and world class libraries?

Python: Batteries are included, but do we need 110/220v power source as part of the package for the "next phase"?  Or, from perhaps a Guido perspective, is that going beyond what Python was intended for?

Eric Pederson
"Anything is possible" - LB