Integer, 64 Bit, signed and unsigned

beliavsky at aol.com beliavsky at aol.com
Mon Mar 29 19:01:42 EST 2004

Arithmetic with 8-byte integers will be much faster when using Fortran
and C++ compilers that directly support it, compared to Python, which
resorts to infinite precision arithmetic when 4-byte integers cannot
be used. Search for "speed integer*8" in this newsgroup -- there was a
discussion in late Feb early March 2004.