3D apps in Python?

Brandon J. Van Every try_vanevery_at_mycompanyname at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 21:46:00 EST 2004

Mike C. Fletcher wrote:

> However, these engines (save maybe ZOE, about which I know next to
> nothing) are focused primarily on teaching, rather than game or
> application development.  Particularly given your legendarily high
> standards, I think you'll find that none are sufficient for your needs
> wrt building practical 3D apps in Python.  The collective wisdom on
> that would seem to be "wrap a C/C++ engine if you need any sort of
> interactive speed on a non-trivial application".

Yes, that is looking like the task before me.  I haven't found 3D anything -
app, engine, whatever - that is truly Python-oriented for its development.
Python is viewed by the 3D world as a scripting language, not a development
language.

> If you do find any other engines, consider adding them to the list
>     here: http://www.py3d.org/py3d_zwiki/Python3dLinks
> (the formatting is messed up, but the information is often useful).

Thanks for this link.  Somehow, I have missed it in all the archive and
Google hunting.

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

"Troll" - (n.) Anything you don't like.
Usage: "He's just a troll."