tabbing probs

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Mon Mar 29 18:11:37 EST 2004

>You're contradicting yourself. In a prior post, you said that if you
>had a crappy editor, then change it. Now you're saying that you
>think you would have to press the space bar or the backspace key
>multiple times, and you're not going to give up that crappy editor
>for one that works properly.

An editor is crappy if it inserts anything other than what you type into
the code. If I press tab and four spaces are inserted that is crap. If I
press 'A' and 'a' is inserted that is crap. To me, it sounds as if this
entire issue is caused by crappy editors that think they know better
than the programmers. If you want a smart alec paper clip telling you
what to do when you're editing code then feel free to do so but I just
want raw access to my code.