GUI Frameworks in Python?

Dave Reed drlinux at columbus.rr.com
Wed Mar 31 19:03:57 EST 2004

I second the recommendation of Gtk/Glade/libglade with Python. I've
used it to write large programs and can confirm that gtk2 will also
work on Windows (although I haven't done much other than verify it
works).  I've written some software to further automate the process of
writing GUI programs using Glade/libglade. I'm putting the finishing
touches on an article I will be submitting to Linux Journal describing
the software. It will hopefully be published in the July issue. I will
be releasing the software under the GPL license.

I am almost certain that on Linux/Unix wxWindows is just a layer on
top of gtk so gtk will certainly be a little faster than
wxWindows. I'm not certain what wxWindows runs on top of on MS
Windows.

Dave