Lua Book

Klaus Momberger klausm0762 at yahoo.de
Wed Mar 3 15:46:24 EST 2004

ciw42 at hotmail.com (ciw42) wrote in message news:<75a58466.0403021617.7f765581 at posting.google.com>...
> Don't get me wrong, I know if I had a good enough reason I could quite
> quicky and reasonably happily start developing in Lua, but it's
> unlikely to ever come close to Python for general purpose coding.

Did you skip the foreword? They wrote just that. Lua is meant as an extension
language, not as an replacement for standalone scripting languages. It can
be used standalone, of course, which makes sense if you need speed or size of
the interpreter matters.

I just read the book during a long train-ride and liked it a lot. Terse and
to the point, and I could even learn something new from it. E.g. I hadn't heard
of coroutines before. I also liked the meta-classes stuff.

-klaus