static information...

niurka.perez at cimex.com.cu niurka.perez at cimex.com.cu
Mon Mar 22 09:05:00 EST 2004

I've been looking for a way of have static variables in a python class and all I
have found is this:

 class A:
            static =[]

            def f(self):
                        A.static = [1,2,3]

That seems to be pretty static since that variable can be used either on the
class (such as A.static) or on an instance (such as A().static).
Now my problem is that every time some create a new instance of this class the
variable static is reset to its original value [] and the real value that it
took is lost. What I want is someplace to store class's information and not
instance's information.
Any idea?