is perl better?

Ville Vainio ville at spammers.com
Sat Mar 6 06:38:10 EST 2004

    >> 3. Read win perl source to determine what system calls it is
    >> using and then use Hammond's PyWin extensions to do same from
    >> Python.

    Christian> Well, I never claimed that Python is always better than
    Christian> Perl.  There are cases where Perl is really better than
    Christian> Python.  This might be such a case, and I don't mind.

I don't think this has anything to do with language features. It's a
library issue. Perl achieves the functionality by some system calls,
and I can't see why Python couldn't be made to execute the same system
calls. In fact it would seem trivial, Perl is OSS after all.

--
Ville Vainio   http://tinyurl.com/2prnb