Prothon Prototypes vs Python Classes

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Tue Mar 30 14:06:28 EST 2004

>>A2. People that bitch about top-posting.
>>

>Mark - I really find it a bit difficult to read your postings. I keep
>scrolling to below to see whether there is still more to come - because you
>do sometimes quote others and then answer below. When I see quoting in a
>message, I automatically assume there's more to come, and I am not the
>only one. I think it is the wrong answer to say that people shouldn't
>bitch about top-posting - it _does_ annoy people (including me and Aahz).
>There are conventions on usenet (and mailing lists), and they are there
>with reason. I would like to kindly ask you to try to do more
>'bottom-posting'. It makes your postings easier and prettier to read.
>
>Really, it does - please try it...

The 'standard' I've seen worked out in about a decade of watching this
exact argument.. when responding to individual parts of someones message
then post your reply directly underneath the section you're replying to.
If you're making a short response to the entire message it's okay to top
post. Of course, either bottom or top posting, clip any text in the