[OT] Top posting is a PITA [was : Prothon Prototypes vs Python Classes]

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Wed Mar 31 05:09:55 EST 2004

Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:

> Peter Hickman wrote:
>
>> People who whine on about 'top posting' are the sort of people who
>> draft 'clean desk' policies. If you want to whine about top posting
>> then start alt.whine.top.posting and have fun.

That is not quite right. Using top posting forces every reader to
unlearn a lifetime of knowledge about narrative flow in content.

Left-right - top-down

That's how we are reading and writing in most western cultures. For me
that's about 40 years of habbit. And it takes a lot of mental effort to
read.

You could just as well expect that we start reading from right to left.
Exactly the same thing.

.too confusing pretty is that And

regards Max M