[ANN] Updated releases of pyparsing - 1.1.1

Paul McGuire ptmcg at austin.rr.com
Thu Mar 11 11:56:35 EST 2004

(Sorry if this is a duplicate, my newsreader is behaving strangely.
I'm trying posting thru Google Groups as an alternative.)

pyparsing 1.1.1 Released
----------------------
A quick minor update, to correct a critical bug introduced in 1.1
(thanks Seo Sanghyeon for spotting this!), and add backward compatible
support for Python 2.2.  Also includes a simple example of extracting
data from a web page's HTML source.

Download pyparsing at http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyparsing/.

-- Paul McGuire

pyparsing 1.1 Announcement
------------------------
With the accumulation of enhancements since 1.0, a minor change in the
parse action interface, and the completion of validate() (one of my
last outstanding "to-do" items), it seems appropriate to finally bump
the minor rev level of pyparsing.  pyparsing version 1.1 has been
released for download from SourceForge, at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyparsing/

New features in 1.1:
- simplified parse actions - parse action functions now only need to
return modified parse tokens, not a tuple of location and tokens - the
example code has been updated to reflect the new style (Old style is
deprecated, but still supported for backward compatibility.)
- added validate() method to parse elements, to help identify
improperly recursive grammar definitions
- better str() output for parse elements, more similar to traditional
BNF notation

Fixed bugs:
- infinite loop in oneOf if the input string contains a duplicate
token
- quoted strings do not span newlines (bug introduced in 1.0.6)
- bad matching when specifying a results name on an Optional parse
element

Thanks to all who have tried out this module, and have forwarded their
comments and remarks!

-- Paul McGuire