Is Eric S Raymond still a "Pythoneer"

Paddy McCarthy paddy3118 at netscape.net
Tue Mar 2 03:26:25 EST 2004

I just re-read "Why Python?" at
The article is from 2000 and shows how a programmer who programmed in
many programming languages, and who wrote compilers and interpreters,
was introduced to Python and came to like it.

I wondered if there are any more recent interviews/articles from ESR
on his scripting language tools. I would be interested to know if he
still usesPython? Did he try any other "scripting" languages such as
Ruby or Lua?

I'm going to add the article to my bookmarks for ammo in trying to
change my strictly Perl workplace to at least consider Python.

(I should add that I do know of most of the good advocacy resources
available, I've  collected them from answers to other peoples posts,
thanks).

Thanks again,  Paddy.