PyGTK: creating a pixbuf from image data

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Sat Mar 20 12:07:13 EST 2004

    Edwin> That looks fine, but ideally I want to avoid having
    Edwin> complicated dependencies- I don't want my program to be one
    Edwin> of the ones that require you to download ten others just to
    Edwin> run them. Pygtk itself seems to be pretty widely
    Edwin> distributed in popular distributions, but
    Edwin> PyGTK-with-Numeric isn't.

I brought this up with Cedric Gustin, the pygtk win32 installer
distributer, because I need Numeric support for matplotlib, and he
immediately built and uploaded pygtk for windows with Numeric (and
will do likewise for future builds).

http://www.async.com.br/faq/pygtk/index.py?req=show&file=faq21.012.htp

JDH