Need advice on choosing skills.

Robin Munn rmunn at pobox.com
Tue Mar 23 16:55:00 EST 2004

Randall Smith <randall at tnr.cc> wrote:
> Funny you said that.
>
> I chose Postgresql about a year ago to use at work for several projects
> and have never looked back.
>
> I started working with wxPython about 2 months ago and like it for the
> same reasons.
>
> I built a website using Webware.
>
> I'm looking for a solution for tying together PHP to a python backend.
> xmlrpc, soap , corba maybe.  Might twisted be good for this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Randall

I believe it would be. I'm only at the early learning & experimenting
stage of learning Twisted, so I can't comment in depth, but here's their
howto for doing XML-RPC and/or SOAP in Twisted, and the code looks nice
and simple:

    http://www.twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/howto/xmlrpc

--
Robin Munn