Python for large projects

Jacek Generowicz jacek.generowicz at cern.ch
Tue Mar 23 09:36:57 EST 2004

Andrew Wilkinson <ajw140NO at SPAMyork.ac.uk> writes:

> assaf__ at walla.com wrote:

> I find the lack of static type checking to cause some bugs to hide
> in my code that in other languages would be found at compile time.

I feel honour-bound to point out that citing static typing (explicit
static typing, in particular) as a means of creating more correct
programs, to be one of the greatest contemporary myths of software
engineering.

Static typing makes it easier for compilers to produce more efficient
code. That is the only advantage that static typing offers.

I am of the opinion that (explicit) static typing contributes to the
bugginess of programs.