Problem with threads and signals

Sebastian Meyer s.meyer at technology-network.de
Wed Mar 17 09:43:44 EST 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:22:47 +0100, Holger Joukl wrote:

> Does the shutdown function get called when you issue the signal?
> How exactly do you handle the event communication in the treads´ shutdown
> methods?
> Please post the relevant code.
the shutdown function does not get called, it seems the signal gets lost

the threads shutdown function looks like:

--- CODE ---
# self._done is a threading.Event object
def shutdown(self):
    self._done.set()

> Btw, I am new to python2.x (not new to python, though). This is not working
> code,
> is it?
> threads = {}
> threads["dircheck"] = TimedDirectoryCheck("/tmp/dpf/notify")
> threads["process"] = BatchProcessor()
> # start the threads
> for th in threads:
>     th.start()  # <---- Does that work???

of cource does this work, ... makes life a lot easier and saves up
variable names ... :-))

Sebastian