OT(Slightly): Thanks to Python.

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-benfinney-does-too.id.au
Wed Mar 3 22:33:39 EST 2004

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 02:11:35 GMT, Adonis wrote:
> with my background in Python, giving me the knowledge of OOP I dove
> into Java like a pro, everything came easy to me, I fully understood
> the language, everything was just some clarification and learning the
> syntax (I still dislike Java, but to each its own), so I am writing
> this as a thank you to everyone who contributes to Python.

Python has introduced many students to the benefits of
properly-implemented OOP.  It's good to know that you've got this strong
start.

It may interest you to know that Python's suitability as a language for
teaching programming has long been a conscious goal of the language's
creator, and something with which he actively involves himself:

    <http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=5028>
    <http://www.artima.com/intv/pyscale.html>

--
 \       "I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me |
  `\                                     as members."  -- Groucho Marx |