OT(Slightly): Thanks to Python.

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Mar 10 17:48:51 EST 2004

In article <99dce321.0403101234.49d7f9f5 at posting.google.com>,
David M. Wilson <dw-google.com at botanicus.net> wrote:
>"David M. Cook" <davecook at nowhere.net> wrote...
>>
>> Python lacks access controls (private/protected etc), though you can
>> use __ name munging.
>
>In an entirely speculative tone, is this correct? I thought new-style
>objects supported protected attributes and such via properties. This
>might be completely incorrect, my head has been like a sieve for the
>last few months. :(

Thing is, in order to store data with a property, there needs to
eventually be a real Python object -- anyone with access to the source
can figure out how to get to it.  Heck, they can just modify the source.

"Do not taunt happy fun for loops. Do not change lists you are looping over."
--Remco Gerlich, comp.lang.python