[OT] Compilable Python-like language?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sun Mar 21 00:49:32 EST 2004

Carl Banks wrote:
> On an abstract level, this is true.  On a practical level, when
> someone asks for, or refers to, a language that "compiles to binary"
> (OP's exact words), we know what he's referring to.

About two years ago (if I recall), someone else asked for basically
the same thing.  After some back and forth discussion, it became
apparent that this person didn't really care about the "compiled"
part, but actually was only interested in distributing his program
without needing a separate interpreter installed.  The answers then
became obvious, but before that there was a lot of misunderstanding
going on.  Perhaps you had to be there...

-Peter