distutils & Java components: a JavaExtension for distutils?

Harry George harry.g.george at boeing.com
Tue Mar 9 02:39:30 EST 2004

Bill Janssen <janssen at parc.com> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I'm putting together a package that is primarily Python but includes
> some Java components.  I'd like to write a single setup.py file for
> the whole thing, instead of using Makefiles, but I don't see any way
> to build Java jar files under distutils.  Has anyone developed a
> module for handling this?  Perhaps something like JavaExtension?
>
> Bill

I don't have an answer, but I do have a question: How are you hooking
Python and Java together?  I've asked here before and gotten the
recommendation to use XMLRPC.  I've looked at JPE, but it appears to
be broken (at least I couldn't get it to run).

harry.g.george at boeing.com
6-6M21 BCA CompArch Design Engineering
Phone: (425) 342-0007