Source compile newbie: trying to build Ming (Flash) libs

jmdeschamps jmdeschamps at cvm.qc.ca
Sat Mar 13 15:07:18 EST 2004

allena29 at elsol.zwan wrote in message news:<pan.2004.03.10.23.22.22.720708 at elsol.zwan>...
> On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 22:00:02 -0800, jmdeschamps wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have installed the GCC minGW compiler, and got ming03-beta1. On window
> > XP
> >
> > so I try the Ming How-to Install for python and get the following ...
> > C:\ming>mingw32-make static
> > process_begin: CreateProcess((null), uname -s, ...) failed. make -C src
> > static
>
> Is it complaining that it can't do "uname -s"
>
> I wouldn't expect uname to work on XP (however have no experience of XP
> for compiling).
>
> uname -s on *nix returns the name of the Kernel (i.e. Linux in many cases).
>

> Adam

Just a tought!

Am I starting to inderstand something when I believe I could do
without a make file, and use the *.c and *.h (and whatever is
available and necessary) and do a distutils setup to compile a binary
for myself out of the ming source code ???

Thanks for responding because I think its going to demand some time to
learn to do this, and i'd rather believe that its going to pay-off and
that it's not an evident dead-end (for all you windoze source
compiling and distutils gals and guys) :))

Jean-Marc
(Today, its nice, sunny and cold up here in the north)