new style classes in omniorb

Diez B. Roggisch deetsNOSPAM at web.de
Mon Mar 29 10:06:48 EST 2004

Hi,

I currently try to use omniorb it conjunction with new-style classes. What I
want to accomplish is simple: I'd like to associate the authentication-info
the user has provided with the current thread on each method called.

However in the very moment I inherit my servant from 'object', omniORB fails
to marshal the object reference.

Has anybody overcome this limitation? One thought I had was to create a
delegating wrapper so all calls on the servant are routed to a new-style
class. But that appears somewhat ugly to me.

Thanks for any suggestions.

BTW: googling only brought up a 2002 thread on the omniorb list that wasn't
helpful - except that it stated that my problem actually exists.

--
Regards,

Diez B. Roggisch