process wrapper?

Donn Cave donn at drizzle.com
Mon Mar 29 00:50:03 EST 2004

Quoth "Steve @ Waypath" <steve at waypath.com>:
| I've tried every implementation of os.system, os.popen*, os.spawn* , and
| (os.fork + os.exec*) for which I can find an example or that I can imagine,
| but I can't come up with anything that works for me.  os.spawnv() looked
| very promising, but every process I start with it goes defunct.

Well, you need to fix that, no?  spawnv works for people, and very
likely it's the perfect thing for your application.  So start with
a simple Python program that uses spawnv on some ordinary utility,
like "date" for example, and if you can't get it to work you will
have a more specific question to pose.

	Donn Cave, donn at drizzle.com