Writing dictionary output to a file

dont bother dontbotherworld at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 6 05:51:07 EST 2004

You did not get me:
heres what I have to ask:

"How to preserve this attribute -- line
number/position of the word in the dictionary."
For example: If I am comparing words in a message with
the words in a dictionary, whenever there is a match,
I want to record the corresponding location of the
word in the dictionary.
heres the code I am using for matching the words in
the dictionary with the words in the message:

for i in msg:
     if i in dct:
         try:
             vector[i] += 1

         except:
             vector[i] = 1

How to I store the corresponding location of the word
in the dictionary which is matching

and then I will use this location as the key of the
vector and the value is being computed by vector[i]
<I NEED TO CHANGE SOMETHING HERE>

for v,i in enumerate(vector):
    vector[i] /= a
    #print v,i, vector[i] ; if u want to see the word
too that was commmon
    print v,":",vector[i]
    #print "\n"