Python bindings for lsh (lshg)?

Kyler Laird Kyler at news.Lairds.org
Wed Mar 10 12:09:44 EST 2004

I just learned of the gateway mode that lsh (GNU's ssh client) provides.
	http://cvs.lysator.liu.se/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/lsh/doc/gateway-mode.txt?cvsroot=lsh&rev=1.2

I've had a need for reuse of SSH sessions that I originally solved with a
horrible hack to ssh code.  Recently I've been trying to use Twisted Conch
to accomplish the same thing.  I still like this pure Python approach
(although it's going to take me a long time to understand Twisted) but I
think that leaving the connection to lsh and just doing channel-specific
handling through Python is a good fit.

So...I'm trying to decide how to attack this.  I suspect I'll need to
piece together lshg (the gateway client) code with Python (using Pyrex?)
on my own, but I'll be thrilled to hear that someone else has already
done the work.  (I'm not finding it in searches.)

Thank you.

--kyler